Friday, August 26, 2011

I swear I used to be a patient girl…

Looking back, I used to claim patience as one of my best personality traits. I’m not quite sure what has happened to me in the last ten years, but I have lost every bit of the patient person I used to be.

I could sit and wait forever for anything, it seems. An hour to get my oil changed? No problem. A week for test results? Sure! I’ve got nothing but time! Patience is a VIRTUE! And it’s all MINE!

Fast forward to me at 33 and everything is NOW. Must be RIGHT.NOW. Panic, complaining, loss of temper, irriation, anxiety and the like have become second nature to me. Nothing is fast enough. It doesn’t matter if it took 10 seconds, I want it in 9. Wait…better yet, in 7. Yeah!

I’ve also realized it’s not just me. Everyone in my life wants instant gratification. A 24-hour deadline for a design project? Of course that’s reasonable. Hand cut and piece together 300 wedding invites by the end of the day? Well, why not?!

Is it that I spent so many years of my life procrastinating? It’s a well-known fact it’s one of my biggest flaws. By spending so many years putting things off, is this panic-ridden part of my personality my payback?

No comments:

Post a Comment